A great location at an even better value
Experience the History and Charm of Old town Charleston
The Meeting Street Inn offers a seamless blend of true Southern hospitality, rich history, and a romantic atmosphere. Discover a peaceful enclave featuring inclusive amenities in a unique and timeless setting, nestled in the historic district of downtown Charleston.
- 56 Guest Rooms, six of which are located in the historic building
- Private, outdoor garden courtyard with an over-sized jacuzzi
- Valet and self-parking offsite ($20/night self-parking, $30/night valet parking)
- Complimentary continental breakfast
- Evening wine & cheese reception
- Personalized service & custom travel planning
- 24-hour front desk assistance
- Turndown service
- Discounted group rates, Learn More
- ADA Accessibility & Features, Learn More
OUR UNIQUE HISTORY
173 Meeting Street was initially occupied by the Charleston Theatre back in 1837. Since then, an eclectic array of businesses came and went including an auto parts store, dental equipment supplier, liquor store and more. After falling into disrepair from Hurricane Hugo in 1989, the property was acquired by Frances F. Limehouse, who immediately began extensive renovations to develop the Inn as a luxury hotel in downtown Charleston. As her premiere project, it helped spark the modern restoration movement that has transformed historic Charleston into the unique travel destination you find here today.